Thursday 11 October 2012

Neon...

    Today's challenge at 365Cards is about using   NEON  colours. After a search in my stash, I found some old acrylic yarn lying around and also a flower loom. The loom was my Mom's n I didn't know how to make flowers with it.

    Anyhow I tried n tried and got something that looks a bit like a flower, but it was not good enough to include in my card. Then I got this great idea. Why not fold the flower in half and make it look like a butterfly? So I made one, n also a flower which does look like a flower :)

   This is my butterfly


and flower...


Together...



    And finally, here's my card.


      I used black cardstock, as I found it highlights the NEON colours. The sentiment is handwritten.

Supplies:

  • Cardstock: Black
  • Patterned paper: Gift wrapping paper
  • Yarn: Neon colours
  • Flower loom
  • Markers
Challenges:

Update:
18Oct2012
Checking 365Cards for the winners is the 1st thing I did today n I won a $10 Gift Certificate from Freckled Fawn, for the Day224. The best way to start one's day!   :)

21 comments:

  1. Cool idea and I saw it from MIM. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and looks good thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love this idea, what a great creativity.
    Please come back next week.
    Hugs
    Tammy Ortiz
    Founder of
    Tammy Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever! I LOVE the determination and creativity you put into your card. Bravo! Thank you so much for joining us this week at 365 Cards! Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet. Great design with the yarn
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART BCA/ANYTHING GOES Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very colorful with great texture. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD. Watch for our upcoming blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute fun card and love the way you have made the butterfly too! very clever! Great to see you at Top Tip Tuesday challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow they are fabulous and love the colours, thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful idea and creation kiran :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, I love your butterfly and flower, so original and love the colours..

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so creative : ) beautiful card. We're so glad you join us at Tammy's Scrapincorner-Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your flowers! Makes for a very unique and lovely card. Very well done! Thanks much for entering our A & T Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight. Nice to have you!
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a unique way of creating a flower and butterfly, looks great. Thank you for joining us at A & T Digital Designs. Good Luxk xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is totally cute! I love the butterfly and flower, really creative. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi excellent idea - the butterfly looks really good. Thanks so much for playing along ItsyBitsy's Make it Dimensional Challenge. All the very best!
    ItsyBitsy - The Blog Place

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very different Idea ..!Liked it !

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous idea..Your butterfly & flower look beautiful..!

    Thank you so much for playing along "Crafter's Corner" # 1 & Best of luck.!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice idea...fabulous.Thanks for joining our first challenge at crafters corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is very different,nice card.
    Thanks for joining us at crafters corner challenge#1.

    ReplyDelete