Friday 19 October 2012

Magic Slider Cards...

     These are the two Magic Slider Cards I have been working on this week. I always wanted to try them, but was a bit scared I would waste the papers ( I sometimes tear up the paper in frustration :D )

      We are going to my in-laws' place tomorrow and we have four nephews and two nieces. I have been trying to make a card for everyone, but couldn't find the patience and time. I could make only two and these are for the youngest nephews. Hope they like them :)



          I have followed two different tutorials for these cards. The one with the li'l monkey is done using this tutorial. The image is hand-drawn referring to an image I got from a friend.


        You can find the written instructions for this video here.

        I found another tutorial using A4 sheet n it was slightly larger than the first card. So I made the one with a rocket.

 


       Here's the tutorial I found on a blog by Sharon.

       I found so many other tutorials which are more or less the same as those I have mentioned here. Let me know if you follow some other method :)

Supplies:
  • Cardstock: White A4
  • Acetate sheet ( or transparency sheet if you live in India )
  • Black permanent marker, Water-colour pencils from Faber-Castell and Colour markers from Luxor
  • Quilling strips - Black, Brown from Itsy Bitsy
  • Satin ribbons - Black, Copper
  • Glitter glue - Silver
  • Buttons
Challenges:





Hope you liked them. Please leave your comments :)



24 comments:

  1. Very cute cards, Kiranmayee - I think your nephews will love them!

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. I hope so :) I'm planning to take some papers n acetate with me, so that I can show them how to make these :) The only problem is their attention span is very short n I dont know how to make the procedure simpler :(

      Delete
  2. Magic cards never seen them . These are simply fabulous ! Rushing for the tutorial.Thanks for sharing the link.
    (Same pinch on paper tearing!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved you drawing and coloring too !

      Delete
    2. LOL..Thanks Pooja :) Let me know how your cards turn out.
      Have you ever tried Complex Origami? Thats when my papers end up like shredded cabbage :D

      Delete
  3. Oh I love your slider cards. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect for our challenge, such cute slider cards...thansk for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. meru telugu vallu anukuntunna, chala bagunnai cards,first time ilantivi chustunna,nenu try chesta.thanks for sharing

    bye
    kavitha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kavitha, Telugu e :) Thank you..try chesi ela vachayo cheppandi..mee blog choosanu, Quilling chala baga chesaru :)

      Delete
  6. Cute slider cards and I'm sure your nephews will love them. Thanks for the link to the tutorial and for playing along with our Things with Wings challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is way cool! I have never seen these magic slider cards before, can't wait to check out the video...thanks for sharing the link!
    LOVE both of your cards and that monkey is so cheeky lol and loving the rocket ship! What an Awesome and fun card for a child!
    Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  8. well isn't this the cutest thing! thanks for sharing with us at MEFY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is totally cool and adorable!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh i love these magic cards .. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeeek! So cute love your slider cards! Perfect for this weeks challenge at AnnaBelle's thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this kind of card/tag! I've always admired them, but too scared to try too. So happy to see your wonderful tags and for the super link. Thank you so much. :) Your family will love them.

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
    Have a great one!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cool...I have never mastered one of these, and they always are such a hit! So glad you were able to play with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards are fabulous, very colourful & interactive
    Thanks for joining us over on The Cupboard Trilogy, goodluck & we all hope to see you again

    Jane x
    [owner/DT]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very fun little projects! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! Great kids card. Love them both. So much fun. Thanks for playing along with us @ AnnaBelle Stamps:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card - cool use of the colours. Love that slider technique - how clever. Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty cute creations.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
    crazycrafter-craftsuppliesshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you everyone! My nephews loved them and I made it to the Top 5 at Cupcake Inspirations with these cards :)

    ReplyDelete